For a while now we have been hoping to do a special event in the fine city of Norwich. On the 21st we have something special planned with the help of some wonderfully supportive local business people, including Norwich Print Solutions, the Window Cafe and sponsors such as The Astronomic and UWDaniel. Most of all we’re thankful for the Bridge Tavern for hosting us!
So you’re probably wondering what we have planned. Well the first thing we’ll be doing is a photo shoot arranged by costume designer/modeller/ event planner Laura “Proper Loopy” Chapman.
We also intend to spread the word about the project itself, letting people know how we intend to get a graphic novel, animation and video game made and how everyone can get involved.
It also promises to be fun too- we’ve got a special prize draw (and all sponsors get free entry!), goodies for sale and a very different type of networking opportunity!
So come and join us for a lunch break with a difference! If you would like to support us you can find out more via our sponsorship page or email reynardcity at gmail dot com if you have any questions!
Hopefully you will have seen the updates to our page but if not here’s a quick recap of what’s going on in the world of RC!
1. Sponsors- We have updated our sponsor packages so if you have something you want you want to promote come and have a look. We’re also considering product placement so if you want to get your company in the comic get in contact and we’ll arrange a specially tailored deal for you. On top of this we will also be offering our sponsors some exclusive prizes.
2. The reward scheme- We’ve also got some new rewards coming up, keep an eye on this page for updates! Remember if you want to club together with people you can do that too! Rewards range from merchandise like keyrings going up to cameo appearances in the graphic novel and the cartoon and even becoming a partner and getting a share in our business!
3. Issue 21- It’s on the way! Jed Soriano (a top artist on Deviantart) has this to say on it “Sorry it’s taking so long but this is my first go at a main storyline issue and I don’t want it to be half arsed”. If you’ve been following our “Story So Far” you’ll know it’s worth it! I can also reveal that Issue 22 is very nearly complete while 23 and 24 are being worked on as we speak!
4. The graphic novel- Chapter 1 will soon be ready in rough. Another top Deviantart artist is working on this (Juston de Cristofaro) and his efforts are definitely worth the wait.
5. The video game- The team are working hard on this and again it is definitely going to be pleasing, with some brilliant new voice actors added alongside our animation team.
6. The animation- Samuel Victor and his team should have something ready to view in time for our trip to the MCM expo in May.
Keep an eye out on the blog for updates about our event appearances and some cool stuff we have in the pipeline
It’s been a hectic weekend! One of the big things to come from this weekend was the confirmation that we are in the Future 50!
For those who didn’t read the previous blog or our various social media posts the Future 50 is an award given by the Eastern Daily Press, one of the biggest local papers in Britain. It recognises businesses with the potential to become big brands in the future in the same way that current companies like Adnams and Kinnerton are known throughout the UK and further abroad.
This means we get to go to a graduation ceremony in Norwich on the 25th as well as a number of events throughout the year. By happy coincidence we are also hoping to pitch the Reynard City cartoon to Mustard TV who are run by Archant (who publish the Eastern Daily Press!)
In other news we went to the Another World event in Cheshunt on Sunday (about 40 minutes from London). Amongst other things we featured in a documentary, met some fascinating people (including actor Ken Coombes, lovely chap!) and sold a few of our wares too. Loopy went as AK Girl, earning the admiration of the local Stormtroopers and did some top ambush marketing at the local services!
Oh and just so you know we will be doing another “Story So Far” update on Issue 21 soon. You can see it in the Reynard City Deviantart group! We will also have a new contest very soon.
If you have any questions about us, the comic or our project in general please email email@example.com (also the Paypal if you want to donate!)
It sounds like a very crowded superhero team, right (“Future 50 assemble…don’t bother with a roll call!”)
However for Polycomical the Future 50 is something very exciting. This is an award given every year by the Eastern Daily Press, my local paper and one of the biggest local papers in Britain. It recognises potential future businesses (hence the name) and we are very pleased to be on the shortlist alongside some top companies in the local region!
I just wanted to say enormous thanks to everyone who has contributed to the site or promoted us. A lot of people have worked on this and I hope to build on this nomination so we can get the funding and promotion to get this project really started. You have all put so much effort in and deserve something back!
There’s loads of people to thank so this is a selection- Art team (Dan Butcher, Nicholas Webb, Susie Hampton), Writers (Ian Austin, David O’Neill, Ielle Palmer, Nellie Wigal), Animation team (Samuel Victor, Linda Hook, Mark Margason, Holly McKeon, Ana Brooke and all the animators and vocal talent), Music people (Mark Marx, Cmore Trix, Keelock) and fantastic promo people (Charlotte Ball, Proper Loopy, Jess Austin and Rach Nobes) and everyone who has supported us (Comicvixen, Saranga Comics, El Blondino, Comic Academy, Pandragon Dan, Pauline Luxmoore and so many more!)
As you can see this is a big project with a lot of people involved. But in order to keep doing what we want to do we need your help. Please keep donating to http://www.reynardcity.com/donate or if you have a business go to http://www.reynardcity.com/advertise