Hopefully you will have seen the updates to our page but if not here’s a quick recap of what’s going on in the world of RC!
1. Sponsors- We have updated our sponsor packages so if you have something you want you want to promote come and have a look. We’re also considering product placement so if you want to get your company in the comic get in contact and we’ll arrange a specially tailored deal for you. On top of this we will also be offering our sponsors some exclusive prizes.
2. The reward scheme- We’ve also got some new rewards coming up, keep an eye on this page for updates! Remember if you want to club together with people you can do that too! Rewards range from merchandise like keyrings going up to cameo appearances in the graphic novel and the cartoon and even becoming a partner and getting a share in our business!
3. Issue 21- It’s on the way! Jed Soriano (a top artist on Deviantart) has this to say on it “Sorry it’s taking so long but this is my first go at a main storyline issue and I don’t want it to be half arsed”. If you’ve been following our “Story So Far” you’ll know it’s worth it! I can also reveal that Issue 22 is very nearly complete while 23 and 24 are being worked on as we speak!
4. The graphic novel- Chapter 1 will soon be ready in rough. Another top Deviantart artist is working on this (Juston de Cristofaro) and his efforts are definitely worth the wait.
5. The video game- The team are working hard on this and again it is definitely going to be pleasing, with some brilliant new voice actors added alongside our animation team.
6. The animation- Samuel Victor and his team should have something ready to view in time for our trip to the MCM expo in May.
Keep an eye out on the blog for updates about our event appearances and some cool stuff we have in the pipeline
For those of you waiting for our next issue we just thought we’d give you the story thus far. Jed Soriano (who did a terrific job with the special issue Alternotron) is currently working on this issue. This in effect is the finale for the first major Reynard City story arc.
At the moment each page is being posted on Deviantart (we’re aiming for one a week) but we realise not all people are on Deviantart and you have all been waiting very patiently for this issue (we’re working on others at the same time so hopefully the next issues will be out a lot quicker!) So for those of you who don’t follow us on Deviantart we present to you the story so far. If you want to wait until the full PDF comes out that’s cool too!
Incidentally with each page we will include a plea for donations for the graphic novel/cartoon fund. Your support is massively appreciated and we have been posting rewards across the globe to the brilliant people who have supported us (if you want to be fab and help us out the link is http://www.reynardcity.com/donate )
Anyway, enough of my yakking! On with the show!
THE STORY SO FAR (WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD…GO TO THE COMICS SECTION TO READ PREVIOUS ISSUES)
AK Girl, Wondervixen and Hyper Rob chased the evil Mega Fox through the warp and arrived on a city on Earth called Reynard City. For a time AK Girl lost her memory and had to be reminded of her foxy superhero status, Hyper Rob fought the corrupt influence of a tycoon called Michael Knox while Wondervixen was in another city called New Jamestown.
What we readers know (but sadly AK Girl and Hyper Rob don’t) is that Wondervixen has been influenced by an evil force in her mind known as Perfect Platinum. Her influence enabled her to defeat the villain Temptress but in the process New Jamestown was destroyed.
Burdened by the guilt Wondervixen ran away from Reynard City only to come back when Temptress returned and threatened to enslave her friends. Unfortunately Temptress used her abilities to allow Perfect Platinum to take over Wondervixen’s body.
Now AK Girl and Hyper Rob have entered into Perfect Platinum’s subconscious in order to save their friend. But what they didn’t realise is that was what Perfect Platinum was hoping for and instead they have become the victims of her sick mind games…
We’ll be updating as we get more pages or you can get the latest via Deviantart (look up Reynard City for the latest images, updates and fanart)
Phil Hampton is the founder of The Comic Academy, a website created to help people learn how to produce comics. He is worth looking up and his tips have helped us develop our projects. If you would like to talk about something comic related send us a blog to firstname.lastname@example.org - sponsors/contributers get priority)
Hi, I’m Phil Hampton, founder of The Comic Academy, the number one comic book marketing website. I’ve been working with the guys at Reynard City ever since I interviewed Will Turner for my ‘Comic Creator Success Secrets’ training program in December 2010.
Since then, my website has helped hundreds, if not thousands, of comic creators build their fanbase and make money from their work.
I’ve recently launched ‘The Comic Creator’s Handbook’ – an e-book collection of 32 of my best articles to help and inspire comic book writers and artists to become successful.
There’s over 100 pages of marketing tips and advice for only $5. And if you order now, you gain access to a special discounted offer for the Comic Creator Success Secrets, which I will no longer be offering for sale after 16th July 2012.
Order it here!